Mattoon, IL Funeral Services
Schilling Funeral Home, Ltd.
Losing a loved one has never been easy, so let Schilling Funeral Home, Ltd. of Mattoon, IL take care of all the funeral arrangements and related services. We are family owned and operated in Matoon, IL that was established in 1903. We guarantee our professionalism because you—and more importantly your loved one—deserve nothing less. Our sole benchmark is excellence.
Schilling’s Funeral Home at 1301 Charleston Avenue in Mattoon dates back to 1903, when F.S. Schilling Sr. came to Mattoon from Burlington, Iowa. He bought the Valentine Schlicher business, and became associated with D.S. Campbell. The business was known as Campbell Schilling Co. Later, Schilling bought Campbell’s interest in the business, the J.D. McCarty Company, C. W. Haskell’s and the Campbell Dodds Co.
Schilling Funeral Home, Ltd.—committed only to excellence:
- Complete arrangements, supervision, and direction of funeral
- Preparation and care of deceased, including embalming when necessary
- Professional personnel and non-professional assistants
- Use of facilities – fixed overhead, funeral home facilities and equipment, and preparation room for embalming, disinfection, sanitation, cosmetic application, and more
- Merchandise – casket of your choice, outside receptacle vault of your choice, any clothing the family may choose, memorial book, funeral folders (if requested), and acknowledgement cards
- Cash disbursements – represents all the charges that we may advance for you, such as cemetery or crematory charges, all hired autos, clergy honorariums, and more
Our Services Include:
- Traditional Funeral
- When Death Occurs
- Tribute DVD Presentation
- Grief Support
- Death Away From Home
- Online Guestbooks
- Online Memorials
- Pre Planning
- Military Services
"To John Schilling & Staff,
I wish to express my sincere appreciation for all your help and guidance for David’s funeral and wake. Thank you for all the personal attention to all the details. Thank you for your concern and generosity for the size of the casket. The visitation and funeral went smoothly and is a blessed memory for us. Thank you for your genuine care and concern."
"I cannot say thank you enough. Your sensitivity, your kindness, and the attention to every detail will always be remembered and cherished." - Anonymous
"Thanks to all the Schilling staff for the beautiful job you did for our family. We are so happy we chose you as the funeral home. You were all so nice and comforting during our time of grief."- Anonymous
Contact Schilling Funeral Home, Ltd. today at 217-235-0333 for inquiries.